sampletank 4 has no sound library

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

sampletank 4 has no sound library

Postby KlausWalker77 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:56 pm

I had downloaded and used the sampletank 4 free version on another computer of mine 1-2 years back. Recently I installed Sampletank 4 again on a new computer via the IK product manager but the sound library is empty. I googled a little but couldn't seem to find out how to get the free sounds. On my other computer the free sounds were present. So I'm asking, can I and how do I get them back on my new computer?
KlausWalker77

Re: sampletank 4 has no sound library

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:25 pm

You can copy it over from your old system.

Or, in the IK Project Manager, go to the [Sounds] tab and look for SampleTank 4 CS - the sounds library is 2.8 GB.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby KlausWalker77 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:59 pm

I tried. At the project manager it only downloads the sampletank editor. It says "CS" has expired downloads. So it doesn't work.

How do I copy the files from my old system? Which files and where are they, please?
KlausWalker77

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:28 pm

I do not think that the SampleTank 4 Editor program is included in the IKPM. Unless you mean SampleTank 4 itself, which is there, of course.

"Downloads expired" means that more than 180 days have passed since you Registered the related software.

To find the sound library, open SampleTank, go to its Preference Settings and look in Sound Content (I think). You should see the library folder listed there. Copy that folder and all its contents to your other system. Run SampleTank on that system and select that folder in the Preference Settings.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby KlausWalker77 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:43 pm

Yes I did that. In the library menu on the left, sampletank 4 and 3 imported shows up. But the instruments don't show up. I can't find the relist button so I can load the instruments. Where is it?
KlausWalker77

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:19 am

Have a look at 2.1.2 in the ST4 User Manual - it was installed when you installed the software. Or you can get it via the IKPM.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby KlausWalker77 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:11 am

I'm sorry to cause you trouble again but it's just not working. In the manual it says the default path is "User/Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4" I added that path but still no instruments.
KlausWalker77

Postby KlausWalker77 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:31 pm

It finally worked. I realized I had just copy pasted empty folders into the default path. That was where I was wrong. I found the right sound files from my other computer in the stated location and pasted them to the proper path.

Thanks a lot for the support.
KlausWalker77

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More