new to ik and synths...installing ST4 but not hearing Alan P

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

new to ik and synths...installing ST4 but not hearing Alan P

Postby bryanik » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:48 pm

Hi, new to you all...just got max 3.5...it appears that I install everything individually correct? This is great actually...also, how do I "clean up" the manager? in other words, I don't want it to show amplitube 4 since I have 5...I don't want it to show things I don't need or have duplicates of.....

also, do I install the "software" on the system drive and the "sounds" on my sample library drive? Or can I put them all on the sample library drive?....If I can put them all on the sample library drive, but have already put them on the system drive, how do I switch them over? Just drag and drop?

if I install the eqs, compressors, etc, but don't need every last one of them, how do I delete or at least move the ones I don't need so they don't show up in protools? and if I don't need eqs right now since I'm writing not mixing, I can do this later and not need to worry about 180 days correct?

how do I uninstall previous versions and things I've had before?

I'm also a little confused about "custom shop"...I don't need this since I have max 3.5 correct?

I made a folder named "ik" on my sample library drive and told the installer to go there...but now there is also a folder called "53 syntronik OXa"...what is this?

I brought up the Alan Parsons piano in ST4 but there are no sounds...what am I missing?
bryanik

Re: new to ik and synths...installing ST4 but not hearing Al

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:04 am

Hello and welcome to the forum

A1: The IK Product Manager ("IKPM") lists all the products Registered to your User Account. There is no way to remove / hide any individual product.

A2: Almost everyone install the software onto the system drive. Sample Libraries can go on other drives. Here I use L:/IK Multimedia/... for them,

A3: to move a library, create the top-level folder (similar to the above), then copy over ALL the folders and files. Start the stand-alone program, and in its Preference Settings, remove the old folder name and add the new one, e..g. L:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4. Let it rebuild the cache database. When you are happy that all is OK, then you can delete the old library.

A4: You might be able to hide some of the FX plug-ins in Pro Tools, Some users have, I think, found the individual plug-in files and deleted them (but you do that at your own risk).

A5: The 180 days period applies only to the big Sounds library downloads, not to the software products themselves. And IK Multimedia recommends backing up those Sounds Library downloads to an archive disk, to avoid the need to download them again. Or, you could back up the installed libraries.

A6: The Windows installers install an Uninstaller too (in Program Files/... I think). On OSX, I believe that the software download includes an uninstaller. You can use Explorer/Finder to delete the libraries.

A7: Custom Shop is a stand-alone program that lets you buy additional products and Try out new gear (e.g. for AmpliTube or T-RackS). You might as well keep it installed as you might want to get more products later (as new products are not generally added to existing IK Multimedia bundles).

A8: "53 syntronik OXa" is a folder for one of the Syntronik synths. Without more details of what you did we could only guess why it is there.

A9: "Alan Parsons " - check that there are folders/files for this sound in the ST4 library's Instruments and Samples folders.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More