Syntronik 2 instruments not found

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 instruments not found

Postby Crossy » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:40 am

Hello, I had to reboot my system (Windows 10). Then I reinstalled Syntronik 2. I reinstalled the sound library completely (48 GB) from my backup hd.
Now when I start Syntronik I am greeted by Syntronik V 2.04. However, only the instruments of Syntronik 1 are displayed. The instruments of Syntronik 2, do not appear.
I have now tried everything for 2 days. I have reinstalled the Sound DB completely. Syntronik 1 and 2 reinstalled etc....... it all helps nothing. The sounds from Syntronik 2 are not found. What can I do?
For a helpful answer I would be happy
Crossy

Re: Syntronik 2 instruments not found

Postby darkogav » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:57 am

I would check the paths to make sure it's point to correct folders.
darkogav

Postby Crossy » Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:04 pm

Hi darkograv
The paths c:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3 * SampleTank 4 * Syntronik2
are recognised by Syntronik and SampleTank. A rescan of these folders is also successful. As said Syntronik 1 sounds are all found. Only Syntronik 2 is not. Syntronik V 2.04 also works but only with the Syntronik 1 sounds. However, some new sounds were added with the update to Syntronik 2. And these are not found.
Crossy

Postby darkogav » Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:35 pm

Hi, I just checked my own setup. I am on Windows and also on "Syntronik 2" 2.0.4 and my paths in "Syntronik 2" are:

- path to "Syntronik 2"
- path to "SampleTank 3"

In "Syntronik 1", I only have path to "SampleTank 3".

You may want to check the permissions on the folder and files in "Syntronik 2" and make sure its same as "SampleTank 3". And of course, make sure there is actually content in "Syntronik 2" folder.
darkogav

Postby Crossy » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:01 am

I have now also reopened the database in Syntronik 1 under:

path to: SampleTank 3

again. No success.

All file paths are set correctly in Syntronik 2.

path to: SampleTank 4
path to: Syntronik2.

All folders, including Syntronik 2, have content. Arpeggios, instruments, samples etc..

Sample Tank and Syntronik 1 run without problems but the instruments of Syntronik 2 are not listed.

Of course I have already uninstalled S2 and reinstalled it. All without success.
I haven't had this problem for a long time. I think I will stop using Syntronik and buy something else.

Thanks for your help!
Crossy

Postby darkogav » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:21 am

Crossy wrote:I have now also reopened the database in Syntronik 1 under:

again. No success.

All file paths are set correctly in Syntronik 2.

path to: SampleTank 4
path to: Syntronik2.

All folders, including Syntronik 2, have content. Arpeggios, instruments, samples etc..

Sample Tank and Syntronik 1 run without problems but the instruments of Syntronik 2 are not listed.

Of course I have already uninstalled S2 and reinstalled it. All without success.
I haven't had this problem for a long time. I think I will stop using Syntronik and buy something else.

Thanks for your help!

And you are sure you installed the updated sounds for Syntronic2? And did you also open the IKM Product Manager and refresh and re-authorize?

As I said, I never had an issue with Syntronic 2 from day one on Windows 10.

Also, why do you have path to SampleTank 4 in Syntronic 2 settings? I don't have that. Perhaps thats what causing it? On my setup, inSyntronic 2 I only have paths Syntronic 2 and Sampletan3.
darkogav

Postby Crossy » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:18 pm

The sample tank 4 library does not interfere in the path. I had also read it in before when it was still working.
But how do I know which samples in the database belong to Syntronik 2 and which to Syntronik 1? I have a backup with almost 60 GB of sound samples. I reinstalled them all manually because I didn't want to pay $10 to reload them. For that I had made a backup, before. And I don't know if it will work when I reload it.

I have contacted the support and already received a first answer. I have sent him screenshots of my configuration. Let's see what happens now..........
Crossy

Postby darkogav » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:21 pm

The backup of the instruments should not be a problem. All you need to extract them and have them in the correct path where ST4 can see them.
darkogav

Postby Crossy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:31 pm

Now I have done the following:
>Syn1 and Syn2 completely uninstalled with Windows.
>All, after the installation remaining folders manually deleted in file manager. All, so also >the 60 GB sounds.
>Clean up the registry with the tool CCleaner.
>Rebooted the computer.
Then:
>First reinstalled Syn1 with the product manager. The authorization was done automatically.
>Then copied the sounds from the backup hd to a folder called SampleTank 3.
>Made all settings in Syn1 like library path to: SampleTank 3. Rescanning the Database
>All sounds are also shown in the product manager as "installed".
>Tried to play Syn1. It runs without problems with all instruments.
>Then Syn2 installed again in the product manager. It is also shown as installed and >authorized.
> It runs also only again with the Syn1 Instruments but WITHOUT the Syntronik2 >instruments. Just like before.

So, again a few hours of work without success:-((( it's really no fun anymore.
Maybe specifically the instruments of Syn2 are missing. They were probably not in my HD backup. But where can I get them? In the product manager all instruments are shown as "installed". And there is no possibility to download ONLY instruments for SYN2. But somewhere they must be???
Crossy

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:32 pm

It is good that you have made some progress.

As for Syn2, as you have said that they are not on your HD back-up;
-- in the IKPM, check that your Syntronik 2 licence shows up in the [Products] tab of Syntronik
-- then switch to the main [Sounds] tab then to your Syntronik library (or libraries)
-- click "More options" and select "Reinstall library",
-- repeat for each library, one at a time.

You can also find the downloads on the IKM web site, in your User Area /my Products / Syntronik 2. You would download each of them, extract the contents and run the installer. Again, one at a time.

If the 180 days for downloading libraries has expired, then you will need to get a Downloads Reactivation Credit; Support might be willing to waive that, depending on your individual circumstances. No promises though, I am not employed bt IKM.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:35 pm

----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby darkogav » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:56 pm

Are you sure you have the new Syn2 content updates?

IIRC, Syn1 synths have a separate update installer for Syn2, which updates the Syn1 so they work in Syn2.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ludHJvbmlr
darkogav

Postby Crossy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:16 pm

Thanks for your help, so now......
It looks like I only have a Syntronik 2 CS licence for the sounds. I always thought it was the bigger version but I guess I was wrong.
Because also in the PM a Syntronik 2 (without CS) is listed. I would then have to activate the sound content of CS again, as DarkStar already said. But that costs 11,89 €. I won't do that for 3 GB of sound content.
But now I at least know the problem;-) .... I hope... :roll:
Crossy

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:35 pm

Not quite ;)

If you have Syntronik 2, with a Registered date, listed under the [Products] tab in the IKPM, then
-- unauthorize Syntronik 2,
-- re-authorize it,
-- that should pick up the Syn2 Serial Number.

Are the Syn2 sounds still available for download? Syn2 has 80GB which should keep you going for a while. I think that the Syn2 library includes all the Syn2 CS library.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Crossy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:24 pm

I actually only have Syntronik 2 CS. So unfortunately I don't have access to the 80 GB of sound content. Only access to Syn2 CS contents.
And the Syn2 CS contents are gone. Well, then I use the others all the more ;)
Crossy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More