Syntronik presets in ST4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik presets in ST4

Postby tydygy » Tue May 31, 2022 5:14 pm

I have everything installed as I joined the Syntronik 2 Group Buy a a week ago and had some time. When my C: drive (256GB NAND SSD got full and downloads were pausing and only partially downloading, I changed IKPM to install to my WD 2TB E:/_SYSTEM_IK_SYNTRONIK SYNTHS. I then reinstalled every thing (only about 17 at that point) and move all the C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\...zip files and put them on E:\_IK_DOWNLOADS. I renamed the IK folder with the zips on C:...realized I didn't need them and moved them to E: for backup. If that can help someone, good, it worked for me. I'm also on a thead on KVR where I see some of the same folks and there is a lot of info.

I have been testing one synth presets per day (sometimes two) to make sure I don't get the can't find file problem I used to have. So far, so good. I'm doing it in Sample Tank 4 (just upgraded to SE yesterday but that probably doesn't matter). IKPM message after install is to open ST4 to see sounds. ST4 crashes about three times per synth when testing. I've opened Syntronik 2 but prefer ST4 for the task.

A question:
Should I be doing this preset testing in Syntronik 2 instead? if so why? (I will for the multis but can do that in ST4 too)
tydygy

Re: Syntronik presets in ST4

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 31, 2022 5:42 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

ST4 should not be crashing with the Syntronik synths. Please report these problems to Technical Support. When you get the auto-acknowledgement of your Support Ticket, you can reply to that email and attach screenshots, ZIPped-up crash dumps etc.

If any files are missing you would get the same error in ST4 or in Syn2.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Syntronik presets in ST4

Postby tydygy » Tue May 31, 2022 7:18 pm

ST4 doesn't give a crash report...of course I didn't bother looking in the Windows 10 log. It just goes off the screen right after loading a preset. I restart it from my tray and load the preset that crashed it and it seems to play fine.
A strange thing yesterday I had ST FREE 2.5.5b installed and opened it (32-bit I think) and it stayed open in the background without me knowing it for the entire day taking up 10-15% processor. I didn't notice it until I opened Task Manager. ST4 ran as it normally does unaffected. The problem happens after the PC is sitting for a while and I come back to it a few hours later. I have the power scheme always on, as it's a dedicated DAW in my studio. FWIW, i-7 3770 w 32GB/256GB + (2)WD 2TB, (2)Delta 1010LT, PSR-85 controller.
tydygy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More