Instruments redundancy with ST4 & Syntronik 2?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Instruments redundancy with ST4 & Syntronik 2?

Postby jppineau » Mon May 30, 2022 8:11 pm

Hi everyone!

I took the plunge to upgrade my IK Multimedia array up to ToTal Studio 3,5 MAX. I had almost everything from IK products but this completed my collection.

There is something I can't figure out, though : What about the Syntronik 1 sounds and patches? Are they of some utility, aside eating up SSD space? Are they somewhat redundant? I have the same problem with the SampleTank 4 Max library, while I still have the complete set of instruments from ST2 and ST3 installed. Are they redundant? I can see a Miroslav Ph.2 CE folder in the ST4 listing, but I have this complete instrument into my ST3 folder. Useless?

I have 2 x 1TB SSD's strictly devoted to my libraries and everything is currently in the red zone... I did not expected a 650MB (?) download when upgrading to Total Studio 3,5 Max...What could be considered as a useless extra in order to manage my library data?

I've backed up all the installers and files on my network NAS, aside previous IK data.

In fact, what could be left out and what have to be kept? Is there someone who had figured it out?

Thanks in advance!
jppineau

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More