Syntronik MIDI CC Permanent Assignment ?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik MIDI CC Permanent Assignment ?

Postby fred160656 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:01 am

Hello
I am using Synthonik (OX-a) with a wind controller (AKAI EWI5000) it looks very easy to assign a controller to a knob (using midi learn function the problem is that the asignement that has been done does not stay within the patch when saved

Example click on the Frequency Cutoff of a Low pass filter using MIDI Learn I assign it to MIDI CC#2 (Breath control) it works fine I save the patch using another name in the User patch and I go to another patch the strange thing is that the MIDI CC#2 is still assigned to the new patch therefore if I want to use it with a Keyboard I need to clear the assignment to remove the CC#2

Is there a way to have the assignments saved with each patch and not to the entire interface?

I am close to buy the Syntronik download version but if I need to reassign each patches each time I change a patch it is not worth
any solution ?

thanks for your help
Fred
fred160656

Re: Syntronik MIDI CC Permanent Assignment ?

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:54 am

Hello fred160656 and welcome to the forum.

From the Syntronik user manual:
A MIDI device sending on any MIDI Channel can control learned MIDI parameters on any of the Syntronik parts.

Note that the MIDI CC assignments are stored with the Multi, not with the Instrument, in order to avoid conflicts when multiple Instruments are combined in a Multi. Only MIDI CC messages are supported.

So, you are correct - MIDI Learn assignments cannot be saved with each instruments, only within a Multi. And, in my opinion, saving each instrument as a Multi is not practical (especially as a Multi loads all 4 instrument parts, so Multis cannot be combined).

The only thing I can suggest is using Part A for your CC#2-controlled instruments, and Parts B,C and D for the others.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby fred160656 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Thanks for your feedback but it will not really help as I need to map different controllers (MIDI CC's) to different parametters not always the same therefore it will not work for me it is really bad as I found the sounds quite good on the OX-a and the Synthonik complete version has some nice instruments which could be used with a wind controller.

Thanks anyway for the answer
Fred
fred160656

Postby Ihoneyman1 » Wed May 25, 2022 5:49 pm

This would help me too, I have a midi controller mapped to cutoff, envelope settings etc on each softsynth so the hardware knobs are always in the same place.

I can do that with Syntronik 2 but as soon as I change patches, the midi assignments are gone.

Can you please make an option for global midi assignments? Since all the synths have almost exactly the same parameters it would be so easy to have a midi controller controlling it! It would be amazing with global midi assignments!
Ihoneyman1

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More