Syntronik 2 Preset Feature > Osc 2 Switch (Nice Design Idea)

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 Preset Feature > Osc 2 Switch (Nice Design Idea)

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:15 pm

I found something in Syntronik 2 I thought odd at first and but have decided it is not a bug but a handy design feature.

Some SYN2 Factory Presets have Oscilator switches (the waveform icon in the new Edit Panel) turned off. Why? So when we use the hardware panel interface (the Syntronik 1 edit panel), Osc 2 can be easily switched on and off. (It also works from the new Syntronik 2 Edit Panel).

I stumbled onto this feature when looking at SYN2 Presets for the VCF3 Instrument, specifically Benchley Park, Work It, and Wind of the Dover Cliffs.

One application I can use this for is for a global MIDI switch (manual or automated) to turn an Osc 2 Wave Set of my choice on and off from the hardware style edit panel. We can also do this for Osc 3 and 4 but only from the new Edit Panel. MIDI control of preset variations without having to load in a different preset! :-)

Note: Even if this was unintentional, I hope IK doesn't remove this feature. Having it doesn't affect existing factory presets and it adds a handy feature for users when tweaking or creating presets.
Steve-xyz

Re: Syntronik 2 Preset Feature > Osc 2 Switch (Nice Design I

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:35 pm

Steve-xyz wrote:Benchley Park, Work It, and Wind of the Dover Cliffs.

Bletchley Park, Work It, Wind on the Dover Cliffs
Steve-xyz

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More