Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE Crashing DAW

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE Crashing DAW

Postby lukewonderly » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:05 am

I purchased, and have been happily using Miroslav Philharmonic 2 CE for the last 3 years - (released 3 songs incorporating it) EHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN - it started CRASHING my DAW (Mixcraft 8 Pro-Studio). I worked with Mixcraft support - and after trying different approaches - we found that by disengaging the plug-in Philharmonic 2 (it always listed 2 different types in the plug in manager - A). Philharmonik 2, and B). Philharmonic 2 (VST3) and by disengaging them both - I could finally OPEN my projects. With Philharmonic engaged - it won't even let me OPEN a single file - it always crashes.

Please help me.

I'm working on a Rock-Opera, and Philharmonic is absolutely ESSENTIAL - to convey this work. I purchased it for that very reason. Everything has been working GREAT for 2 years - I just couldn't be happier with it - and desperately need to get it back working with my DAW.

Has there been an update to the program recently - that could stop this from happening. Could you please offer a work around, or solution to this problem??

I REALLY appreciate any help or direction you can offer.

Thank you very much,
Luke
lukewonderly

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE Crashing DAW

Postby DarkStar » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:05 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, not official Technical Support, other users may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. If Searching the FAQs does not help there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lukewonderly » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:16 am

Thank you Dark Star - for pointing me in the right direction - I'll promptly follow your suggestion and contact support.
lukewonderly

Postby DarkStar » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:05 pm

One thing to check - does the stand-alone MP2 program run OK. Can you load and play instruments there? Or, can you try it in another DAW? This info will help Support too.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lukewonderly » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:46 am

Yes - I opened up Miroslav Philharmonic - as a STAND ALONE - and it loaded nstruments, and played back fine. so YES, it does work on it's own.

I then tried creating A NEW project in Mixcraft, enabled the Philharmonic plug-in, and added an instrument - saved, and was able to OPEN it up many times - EASILY!!!!

It's just crashing Mixcraft on previous saved sessions. I have a ticket in with IK Support Team - and we're still working on it.

Thanks again Darkstar!!!
lukewonderly

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More