Hammond B-3X Volume to zero?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Hammond B-3X Volume to zero?

Postby srdill » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:50 pm

I realize that the Hammond Organ did not have a volume of zero. But for live performance, there are times when I need the volume of my B-3x Plug-in to fade all the way to nothing like any other synth will do. I can't find a way to make this happen in the B-3X (which is AMAZING by the way!). Can anyone tell me if this is possible with some setting(s) that I have not found? I do a lot of layers in a live situation and often I want the B-3X layer to be completely out of the mix until I bring it in with the pedal. Also, I need to be able to fade out to no sound at the end of some songs. Help!
srdill

Re: Hammond B-3X Volume to zero?

Postby reuelt » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:08 am

srdill wrote:I realize that the Hammond Organ did not have a volume of zero. But for live performance, there are times when I need the volume of my B-3x Plug-in to fade all the way to nothing like any other synth will do. I can't find a way to make this happen in the B-3X (which is AMAZING by the way!). Can anyone tell me if this is possible with some setting(s) that I have not found? I do a lot of layers in a live situation and often I want the B-3X layer to be completely out of the mix until I bring it in with the pedal. Also, I need to be able to fade out to no sound at the end of some songs. Help!

Three ways to control B-3X volume using MIDI CC#
CC# 11 Expression Pedal
CC# 7 Master Volume
CC# 42 Leslie Amplifier Gain

By reducing volume with another MIDI knob/fader/pedal assigned to CC#7 you should be able to reduce volume to 0.

Reuel
reuelt

Re: Hammond B-3X Volume to zero?

Postby Stefano5976 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:56 am

Hi there,

I am having a similar problem.
This is my setup:
I am using a Hammond B-3X (demo) with a Hammond SK1,
connected together via midi to a MacBook Air.
Everything works fine. Drawbars, percussions, chorus & vibrato and leslie work simply straight
by pushing the corresponding buttons on the keyboard. I am having trouble with the volume.
I am unable to control the amount of volume by using the knob on the keyboard.
Can you help me find a way out of this problem please?
Cheers.

Stefano
Stefano5976

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More