ST4 & Syntronik 2 Trouble....

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 & Syntronik 2 Trouble....

Postby HighlandStudio91 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:09 am

Watched an Ave Mcree YouTube video about IK's free software downloads(SampleTank4 & Syntonik 2).
Installed the product manager no problem, installed the ST4 no problem....then halfway through the Syntronik download, I get an error message,saying that I don't have enough memory(despite the fact that I only have 118GB of storage on a 1 terabyte HD....wtf??

I then close out the product manager and restart my PC and everything looks fine in my Reason 10 DAW(& by the way, I got messages from IK saying that the programs were installed correctly.)
I open up both modules & I get nothing but load error messages( something to do with the file paths being wrong.)

IK says the programs were installed correctly,but my computer says otherwise. [Mod edit: intemperate language removed]

Who on earth,gives away nearly 6 GB's of content anyway?? Also...apparently I only have 179 days to use this software(though Ave Mcree says it's free?)....seems like it's just a trial period?

Is it possible that I might circumvent all of this trouble if I just buy this software instead??
HighlandStudio91

Re: ST4 & Syntronik 2 Trouble....

Postby DarkStar » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:06 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, not official Technical Support, other users may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

In the IK Product Manager ("IKPM") you can set the folder to be used for storing the downloaded files. And, for the sounds libraries you can set the folder into which the library is to be installed.
Click the {?} button in the iKPM for help and access to the User Manual.

Once you have installed a software product or a sounds library you can delete the download files from the IKPM downloads folder (it is better to back them up to an archive disk, so you won't ned to download them again).

Exactly where did you install the sounds libraries for ST4 and Syn2? In order for the software to access those libraries, the path to the library needs to be set in the software's Preference Settings. That should resolve that issue.

Can you clarify what you meant by "but my computer says otherwise"?

Who on earth,gives away nearly 6 GB's of content anyway??

A company that wants you to see the potential of its products and encourage you to buy them. Surely, free products like these are a good idea.

The software is free and you can use it for ever (as long as your computer lasts). The 179 days just relates to the 180 day period during which the sounds download files are available for download (after which you would need to pay a small Download Reactivation fee to download them again (hence my recommendation above to back them up). It is NOT a trial period.

The issues you have run into are not related to the products being free. After resolving them and trying them out you may well go on to purchase them.

PS In Computer Music magazine. issue 307, you can get a Serial Number for the J-60 Syntronik 2 library.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: ST4 & Syntronik 2 Trouble....

Postby HighlandStudio91 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:09 am

Thanks for the reply....but I deleted everything from my PC, as I have to first figure out why my computer is storing everything on my computer's flash memory(it's only 128GB)...rather than storing it on my C-drive(1TB)
HighlandStudio91

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More