Sampletank Drum Loops - how to use?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank Drum Loops - how to use?

Postby jschrade » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:28 am

I am scratching my head on how to use the loops included in the Sampletank3 kits like the Neil Peart I picked up in the group buy.

Unless I am missing something, there are no hints on the time signature or length. How are you supposed to use these? There must be a way to drag and drop, but I am not finding it.

I am getting the feeling some funny guy wants me to hold down a MIDI note, pipe Sampletanks output to audio and then slice the audio up and then save them as audio loops. I have to be missing something here.
jschrade

Re: Sampletank Drum Loops - how to use?

Postby Trensharo » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:49 am

By sampling them out of the virtual instrument.

Same thing with the drum kits. Create a MIDI Loop that plays each sound, then sample it out of the virtual instrument, then slicing it out to a drum kit (Groove Agent, Drum Rack, Impact XT, etc.).

For workflow efficiency reasons, I don't use that content in SampleTank. It seems designed for people who are doing Live Sets or just throw together construction kit loops/MIDI Patterns and call it a day (beginners - "Music Maker" types; or the way lots of people started off on ACID Pro/FL Studio 15 years ago).

For modern production, it is just too much trouble to use it. We need sample and loop content that is accessible outside of the SampleTank browser - the way Native Instruments and Akai does their Sample/Expansion Content.
Trensharo

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More