the new M1

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

the new M1

Postby avenger » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:21 pm

anyone able to vouch for Sampletank working with the new Mac M1? is it compatible?
avenger

Re: the new M1

Postby garfy » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:55 pm

Hi avenger

SampleTank 4.1.3 (or higher) is confirmed as compatible on the M1 using Rosetta 2, as per this FAQ.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby tovokas » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:26 am

Unfortunately on my machine (8 gig m1 Mac Mini running Studio One 5) SampleTank 4 (vst, vst3, and AU) and all its derivatives crash 100% of the time when I close the plugin window in Rosetta mode. If I load the AU versions in native mode, it doesn’t crash, but there is lots of strangeness: Arpeggiators don’t work, the interface suddenly switches to showing nothing but automation knobs, etc. ).

Update: also crashes in the same manner in Waveform. (And fails the cool plugin-validation test available in Waveform).
tovokas

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:28 am

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby tovokas » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:05 pm

I’ll definitely send in some crash reports: and I’d love to hear from anyone having success running Sampletank on an 8 gig M1 Mac Mini!
tovokas

Postby tovokas » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:23 am

Interesting update concerning the crashes on my 8 gig M1 Mac Mini. Since others weren't chiming in with similar tales of woe, I decided to start testing: all of my Sampletank data is stored on an SSD, and backed up on a slower external drive (just in case). After changing my sound content folders from the SSD to the slower drive, the crashes seem to have gone away.

So it would seem Sampletank is having issues with either USB-C SSDs on the Mini, with this particular SSD model (2 TB Crucial), or the drive itself is somehow causing the problems, perhaps through a corrupted file or the like. I'll keep investigating. :)

I would still love to hear from other m1 Mac Mini users about their experiences.
tovokas

Postby pheress » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:37 am

Hi folks,

This post concerns Syntronik 2 Installer issues and access to the full set of presets.

Short version
Purchased TS3.5 and verifying install on Mac M1 laptop running Big Sur 11.6. I noticed a few anomalies around the Syntronik 2 installation I thought I'd share.

In a nutshell, the TS 3.0 installer for Syntronik DMG files is crashing. 3.0 package contents (Samples themselves) all work when manually installed but this process is A) tedious and B) error prone going synth by synth and directory by directory.

Anybody else having this problem and found a cure for the Installer failure?

Long(er) version
Rosetta 2 means most of the install is working great. However, when going through Syntronik 2 I discovered a number of presets were not working. This is the:

"Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path '/Volumes/Crucial 1TB/SONG/IK MULTIMEDIA/Syntronik 2/Samples/53 Syntronik M-Poly/M-Poly Saw 3-Osc.pak'."

error that has been discussed elsewhere. Poking around I discovered that the samples for these are located in the TS 3.0 release which I mistakenly thought would be included in the TS 3.5 installers. No problem. But...none of the TS 3.0 installers would run without crashing. I unpacked the install package, saw a dependency on Terminal and sure enough, Terminal was not Rosetta enabled. Clicked option on but installer still crashed.

To verify that I needed the TS 3.0 samples I manually copied them into the Syntronik 2 Samples directory for the J-60 (as a test case) and sure enough, all of the presets came alive.

Problem solved! Except...

I'm loathe to manually unpack for each synth AND also concerned that instrument or other files could be overlooked. Although the samples seem to get everything working, there are also st4i files, etc and the types and quantities vary from synth to synth.

I've checked the IK website for latest releases (I am on the 12/2021 downloads). It really just looks like an Installer script bug.

I can manually install the samples for a specific synth and all the presets come alive. It's the Installer itself that appears to be letting me down. Apologies if I've missed something obvious but would love to verify the installation and move on! :)
pheress

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More