Having problem authorizing with "offline" process

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Having problem authorizing with "offline" process

Postby ChrisHeinen » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:30 pm

Can someone give advice on an authorization problem I'm having?

I contacted the IK Multimedia support yesterday (July 12) via their "Contact Us" link, but I haven't heard from them yet (July 13) so I thought that I would try asking here in the forum...

I was able to set up 2 successful authorizations for my copy of SampleTank 2XL on 2 PC's
and I am now trying to authorize it on my 3rd computer. I am having a problem getting the 3rd computer to authorize.

Note that this 3rd computer is NOT connected to the internet and this is the first time I am trying to follow the "offline authorization" process.

I am using Authorization Manager 1.0.26 because the website says that SampleTank 2XL is apparently a legacy app and requires that I use this tool.

I have successfully generated the "Authorization Request.html" file on the 3rd PC workstation.

On a laptop that is connected to the internet I then used the file to get to the webpage where it asks for the serial number.

I keyed in the serial number, clicked "Add Serial" then clicked "Continue"

The problem is the webpage then displays the following:

Products not authorized
(...serial number edited out of forum post...) Authorization not needed. SampleTank 2 XL has been registered in your account

Here is the serial number I am using: (...serial number edited out of forum post...)
Here is the Digital ID I am using: (...edited out of forum post...)

(FYI this Digital ID is the one I found inside the Authorization Request HTML file.)

Why would this "offline" process do this and what can be done to correct it so it authorizes this 3rd machine?

Thanks,
Chris
ChrisHeinen

Re: Having problem authorizing with "offline" process

Postby ChrisHeinen » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:29 pm

As a follow-up to this problem, I received email feedback from tech support. They said:

=======> "I think the simplest solution here would be to take the system that is trying to have it authorized on and bring it to a connection on the internet. Once connected this should be resolved rather quickly. Our offline methods are pretty much no longer existent. So it would be best to give it a go there. Once attempted, let me know your results and we will go from there."<=======

Posting this to the forum so that in the future, if anyone was expecting the "offline" authorization process to work, it appears to have been retired and is no longer supported. :shock:
ChrisHeinen

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More