Hammond B-3X Windows "Tweaks"

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Hammond B-3X Windows "Tweaks"

Postby bpeterson1123 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:30 pm

The B-3X plugin is very resource-intensive on Windows 10 for audio processing. In my VST host application, Gig Performer, B-3X by itself consumes 30% audio processing CPU when idle (not pressing any keys). That value goes up to 45% when I start playing.

Has anyone identified any tweaks (settings, disabling effects, etc.) that reduce the audio processing load in Windows? For example, when I "powered off" the EQ-81 rack-mount processor in B-3X, the CPU load went down by about 3%. Any other tips or tricks to make B-3X less "heavy"?
bpeterson1123

Re: Hammond B-3X Windows "Tweaks"

Postby lcurtis » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:27 pm

Thanks for the tip to turn off the EQ-81. I wish I had some other suggestions to add to the list but I'm just trialing the B-3X. It sounds great to me (better than Blue3 and VB3-II) but I won't buy it until I can get the CPU utilization down.

I know the Leslie itself is a big hog. Does anyone know a way to turn it off completely? Any other ideas?
lcurtis

Re: Hammond B-3X Windows "Tweaks"

Postby lcurtis » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:38 pm

BTW, I'm also running GigPerformer on Windows 10. It's an old laptop but most of my rackspaces use less than 10% CPU. VB3-II uses about 20% and B-3X uses about 50% with EQ-81 turned off. It is working OK until I start doing palm slides and then the CPU spikes up and I get crackling.
lcurtis

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More