philharmonik 2 sound library issues

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

philharmonik 2 sound library issues

Postby chicagobears316 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:56 pm

I'm still working on reinstalling everything on my desktop as I try to revive it after being dead since 2017. Luckily all of my sound library installation folders were backed up, so I have access even though the downloads have expired.

For Philharmonik 2, I have a 16 part series and then a separate harp installation, and from what I've read, this appears to be correct. The harp installed without issue. However, the other files will not install. They go to 99 or even 100% and then fail on the part 1.

I came across a thread saying to move the files to the root directory because long pathnames to the files cause the issue. It made no difference (tried with the mp2_part_1 folder, and also tried with it's contents on the root).

Some site links were dead, others went to the FAQ, but I couldn't find this issue on the FAQ

My files are from 8/3/17 in case there was some sort of update after to address this issue.

Wondering if there is a current fix for this. Also, as one more thing to attempt since long path names seem to be implicated per a bunch of the older posts, If I tried to install to a short path (i.e. d:/mp2) and then moved the files to another folder and linked to that in SampleTank4, would there be any issue?
chicagobears316

Re: philharmonik 2 sound library issues

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:31 pm

Just remind me -are you installing the sound using the IKPM (IK Product Manager)? I would have thought that if it let you download into a particular folder it would install from there too.

Or maybe the deistination path is the problem???

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

-------------------
Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby chicagobears316 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:55 pm

I tried my idea of installing to a shorter path and it worked (D:/MP2). I can't use the product manager for the libraries because they have long expired, but I still have the old uncompressed folders from the zip files to install with.

My only issue now is that I installed the Harp first to the correct path, and moved the 16 part installation folder from d:/MP2 to where I keep the rest of my sound libraries. I'm not sure how to merge them given the duplicate files and subfolders (not necessary for SampleTank4, but MP2 only allows one path), so I'm probably going to remove the harp and reinstall it to the same folder as the 16 part one, then it should work. My only concern is there are a lot of duplicate folders and subdirectories between the two so I hope I'm not overwriting newer versions with older ones (is there a certain order that the harp vs the 16 part installation needs to happen?).
chicagobears316

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:06 pm

What duplicate paths / folders?

All of the MP2 instruments and their samples have their own sub-folders don't they?

Before you do anything, please review this FAQ:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1235
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby chicagobears316 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:09 pm

1st, the majority of the link doesn't apply since I can't use the auth manager or the product manager to do this since I no longer have access to the libraries (ideally access would never expire since I paid a lot for it, but it is what it is, that's why I backed things up at the advice of people here years ago).

SampleTank 3 and 4 libraries are already installed as listed on your link

So, after installing MP2 itself, I tried part 1, installing to d:/program files/Ik Mltimedia/Sound Libraries (where I put each sound library i.e. Neil Peart Drums, in it's own folder, as well as the ST3 and 4 libraries), and created SubFolder Miroslav Philharmonik 2. The installation failed at 99-100% every time. It wanted to install to the SampleTank 3 sounds folder by default so I tried that, also failed. I tried the Harp installation to the Miroslav PhilHarmonik 2 Folder and it worked. Retried part 1, still failed.

Then, I tried moving the installation folder/files to e:/MP2, and later e:/ since it talked about issues finding the files in old threads. Installing part 1 still didn't work. Then I thought maybe I misunderstood and it was the destination folder that had path name issues, so I installed to d:/MP2 and it worked.

I then moved MP2 to the sound libraries folder, and added the MP2 (with the 16 part installs) to the sound libraries folder, but now have an MP2 folder with that installation and a Miroslav Philarmonik 2 folder with the Harp installed. This works fine in ST4 by assigning the folders in settings. However, in MP2, you can only assign one folder, so I have to pick between the Harp and 16 part install.

If I look into the folder for the harp, subdirectories and sizes are
Effects Presets (0)
Instruments (853)
Library Info (8.38 kb)
Multis (1.45 MB)
Patterns (39.8 kb)
Samples (5.11 GB)
Sets (0)
.DS_Store (7kb)

In the 16 part install folder, it has (** indicates it is different in size than the other folder)
Effects Presets (0)
Exported Patterns (0)
Imported Instruments (0)
Imported Samples (0)
Instruments (893)** (many subfolders are different size, the Harp Folder has the zz_concert Harp subfolder, the 16 part install folder has a bigger install folder for miroslav 1 for some reason)
Library Info (8.38 kb)
Multis (1.45 MB)
Patterns (39.8 kb)
Samples (52.2 GB)** (Only subfolder not included in the 16 part is the concert harp)
Sets (0)
.DS_Store (7kb)

From here I see 2 options, I can remove the Harp stuff, and then reinstall that to the folder with the 16 part install, which seems the cleanest (assuming there is no specific order it has to install in), or I can move the concert harp and zz_concert harp folders over since the other differences all appear to be with the 16 part install having bigger subfolders and then delete the rest of the harp install. I just did the harp removal/reinstall and it works in both programs. Issue solved

Also, I'd be careful about how fast you promise tech Support. Support has never responded to me in 2 days, this time wasn't bad as they took 7 days (weekend included) from my last request which is very reasonable, but didn't fully address my question well (I resolved it as mentioned in my other thread, so I'm ok now). In the past I've had much longer waits, so I find the forums much faster and more reliable since usually others have had the same issues.
chicagobears316

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:56 pm

Sorry that I was not clear - I posted that FAQ link to show the folder hierarchy for ST4. This one: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239 shows the hierarchy for ST3 too.

As I understand it, you already have the ST3 and ST4 libraries already install and have installed the MP2 sounds (excluding the Harp) into D:/MP2.

I am wary of giving further suggestions as I cannot see exactly what you have got so far. But:
all of the MP2 sounds library folders and files should be within sub-folders in the ST3 library, not in a separate folder. Then both MP2 and ST3 (and ST4) can access them directly. And in ST4 and ST3 you can layer MP2 instruments alongside the others.

If the Harp is installed into sub-folders in the ST3 library AND loads and plays OK in ST4, ST3 and MP2 that indicates to me that it is in the right locations. The best thing to do is work with Support to sort out what to do with those folders and files currently in D:/MP2.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More