Issue with download and installation of Sample Tank 4 sounds

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Issue with download and installation of Sample Tank 4 sounds

Postby porkytalkie » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:30 am

Hi

I just purchased Sample Tank 4 and have an issue with download and installation of the sample files.

I appreciate that the forum is not the place to seek technical support, but I'm unable to raise a support ticket, instead receiving the message:

"Error - Please check your fields and re-submit. Invalid characters used in Message field."

If anybody here was able to provide a fast-track way to raise my issue with IK Technical Support, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
porkytalkie

Re: Issue with download and installation of Sample Tank 4 so

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:53 pm

^^^
I have complained about that error message too - it really needs to let us know what characters are invalid. Or just replace them by an * or ? or something.

Anyway, make sure that you do not have any accented / non-English characters in your message (or in your User name or password too). And try removing other non-alphanumeric characters.

In this case, if you still cannot contact Support and you think it is reasonable, then post the problem here and we will try to help. Or Peter / Ryan can pass it on to Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby porkytalkie » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:53 pm

Hi

Many thanks for your reply. There are no non-alphanumeric characters in the text - other than basic punctuation, which I cannot believe can be an issue.

The only thought I've got is that the message is too long - but there is no character limit specified.

All quite annoying. I'm not at the relevant computer just now, but I've still got the unsent support ticket open on that, so I can copy and paste the issue and I will do so in here when I'm able.

Many thanks again.
porkytalkie

Postby porkytalkie » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:04 pm

Quick update:

Sorry, there were some non-alphanumeric characters in the text.

In fact, I did have some '>'s in the description field. I replaced them with '/'s and my ticket has now been submitted.

So, there are still some non-alphanumeric characters in the text, but these ones seem to be acceptable.

Weird.

Thanks again anyway for the advice.
porkytalkie

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More