Requesting Upgrade Guidance: TS MAX 2 -> ST4 MAX

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Requesting Upgrade Guidance: TS MAX 2 -> ST4 MAX

Postby Trensharo » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:10 am

What is it that we should install? Is there anything in the ST3 folder on the Thumb Drive that I don't already have? Should I run both installers or just the installer for the ST4 Sounds?

I'm mainly asking because I see that ST4 comes with Miroslav CE, and I don't know how the installer handles this. Will it overwrite my Miroslav 2 Libraries with lower quality libraries, or will it install redundant lower quality libraries that waste 8-10GB of space on my SSD?
Trensharo

Re: Requesting Upgrade Guidance: TS MAX 2 -> ST4 MAX

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:44 pm

I am not sure of the details so cannot offer any advice.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else who has done it may chip in.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Trensharo » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:05 pm

Do you do this just to farm post count?
Trensharo

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:20 pm

Nope, I do not need to.

I expect that few people have upgraded from TS2 MAX to ST4 MAX and Technical Support are best placed to give you a definitive answer.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dlgebert » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:09 pm

Trensharo wrote:I'm mainly asking because I see that ST4 comes with Miroslav CE, and I don't know how the installer handles this. Will it overwrite my Miroslav 2 Libraries with lower quality libraries, or will it install redundant lower quality libraries that waste 8-10GB of space on my SSD?

I've had Miroslav Philharmonik 2 since it came out and I also have Sample Tank 4 MAX. Sample Tank 4 MAX comes with Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE, not version #1. There is absolutely no conflict between the two, in fact I use MP2 inside of ST4.

Please keep in mind that the "CE" versions don't have lower quality content, they have the same quality content as the other versions, but with locked content that you can try and buy if you want later on.

Trensharo wrote:Do you do this just to farm post count?

DarkStar is a forum moderator who's been here for a long time, so naturally he will have a lot of posts and offer advice to contact support, etc.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:29 pm

And if we're talking post count --->

:D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Trensharo » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:52 pm

dlgebert wrote:
Trensharo wrote:I'm mainly asking because I see that ST4 comes with Miroslav CE, and I don't know how the installer handles this. Will it overwrite my Miroslav 2 Libraries with lower quality libraries, or will it install redundant lower quality libraries that waste 8-10GB of space on my SSD?

I've had Miroslav Philharmonik 2 since it came out and I also have Sample Tank 4 MAX. Sample Tank 4 MAX comes with Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE, not version #1. There is absolutely no conflict between the two, in fact I use MP2 inside of ST4.

Please keep in mind that the "CE" versions don't have lower quality content, they have the same quality content as the other versions, but with locked content that you can try and buy if you want later on.

Trensharo wrote:Do you do this just to farm post count?

DarkStar is a forum moderator who's been here for a long time, so naturally he will have a lot of posts and offer advice to contact support, etc.

Dave

CE has 16-Bit 44.1k Samples. Philharmonik 2 has 24-Bit 96k samples.

[mod redacted: unnecessary]

Thanks for the responses. I'll do just that.
Trensharo

Postby dlgebert » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:19 am

Trensharo wrote:Will it overwrite my Miroslav 2 Libraries with lower quality libraries, or will it install redundant lower quality libraries that waste 8-10GB of space on my SSD?

As I mentioned, I have both MP2 and ST4 MAX installed. In ST4 MAX, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE have their own "tabs" and are totally separate. They also install to different folders where the content is stored. During AT4 MAX installation, there isn't an option to install only what you want, at least that was the case when I installed it when it was first released.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Trensharo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:21 am

dlgebert wrote:
Trensharo wrote:Will it overwrite my Miroslav 2 Libraries with lower quality libraries, or will it install redundant lower quality libraries that waste 8-10GB of space on my SSD?

As I mentioned, I have both MP2 and ST4 MAX installed. In ST4 MAX, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE have their own "tabs" and are totally separate. They also install to different folders where the content is stored. During AT4 MAX installation, there isn't an option to install only what you want, at least that was the case when I installed it when it was first released.

Dave

Wasn't mentioned but has been now. Thanks for the response.
Trensharo

Postby dlgebert » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:39 am

dlgebert wrote:I've had Miroslav Philharmonik 2 since it came out and I also have Sample Tank 4 MAX.

I wanted to correct my last post. I have the online version of ST4 MAX, and in the "Content" section for this product, there are several files that have to be downloaded, and I believe Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE has its own set of files, so technically they wouldn't have to be installed. It's been a long time since I installed it.

I'm not sure if the install files are the same on the thumb drive version...

Dave
dlgebert

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More