Sampletank SEEMS to be stealing voices - why?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank SEEMS to be stealing voices - why?

Postby ulrichburke2 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:49 am

Dear Anyone.

Hokay, I'm a dumbass noob, just owning up BEFORE you read the question, so hopefully you'll be nice to me in the answer....

I've got Sampletank 2.5, it's a legit. copy. I bought Antique Steinway Grand for it, it came in a pack of different pianos. I've got 2 instances of it going, one for each hand. Both are set on POLY. All other settings are identical on each instance, as far as I can tell, remember I'm NOT brilliant at this side of VSTs so if I've missed something obvious to you, just say.

When I've got left and right hand playing together - I'm doing it all with MIDI notation, putting in all the notes with the mouse, I'm disabled and can't play a physical keyboard - the RIGHT hand keeps on missing out notes in chords. If I've got a 2 note chord, it'll miss out one of the notes SOMETIMES. If I chop out the LEFT hand where the RIGHT hand chord is, physically cut the notes off the virtual manuscript paper, it'll happily play the RIGHT hand chord perfectly. Until I put the LEFT hand notes back in, then it goes back to intermittently cutting out one note of the RIGHT-hand chord again!

Remembering it's 2 instances of the same piano in Sampletank 2.5 on the same settings (AFAIK!) - why is it doing this? If I put chords in the LEFT hand, they're fine, they play all the time every time. It's just the RIGHT-hand instance that's doing this, intermittently.

If you need to know any other settings, please, tell me where to find them! All the obvious ones are identical - obvious to me, that is! As far as 'outs' go, the RIGHT hand's going out on 1&2, the LEFT hand's going out on 3&4.

Yours puzzledly

Chris. P.S. The DAW's Quick Score Elite Level 2, which is a pure notation DAW, you just put in all the notes with the mouse. Call me weird, I like using notation!
ulrichburke2

Re: Sampletank SEEMS to be stealing voices - why?

Postby ulrichburke2 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:52 am

SORRY, the first paragraph's misleading, my bad. Where it says 'two instances of it going', I meant two instances of the piano in the SAME instance of Sampletank 2, NOT 2 instances of Sampletank 2 going! I know you can have one instrument in each of the little slots in a single instance and that's what I've done.

Yours annotatedly

Chris.
ulrichburke2

Re: Sampletank SEEMS to be stealing voices - why?

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:39 pm

Hello ulrichburke2 and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into. It sounds a bit weird especially as the right-hand playing on its own is fine. Could the DAW have problems passing all the notes across? Can you try antoehr (32-bit) DAW? Reaper has a notation MIDI Editor.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More