Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby blueskyvisions » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:22 pm

8-)
blueskyvisions

Postby IKmarco » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:49 am

Apologies if this is has already been answered

Tonex regular looks like the version for me as it contains most of the amps I’m interested in, but it does lack a few that are only included in the Max version. Not enough for me to pay an extra £100 so will it be possible to buy single models as it was in AT5?

Thanks
IKmarco

Postby thetupeloflash » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:09 am

Time to call in sick @ work for a few days…….. :)
thetupeloflash

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:52 pm

IKmarco wrote:Apologies if this is has already been answered

Tonex regular looks like the version for me as it contains most of the amps I’m interested in, but it does lack a few that are only included in the Max version. Not enough for me to pay an extra £100 so will it be possible to buy single models as it was in AT5?

Thanks

Hi, the gear will only be sold in those available versions at release. We don't have any news about offering that existing gear a la carte at this time.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Bobbyj88662 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:18 am

Will the iPad OS version also release that date?
Bobbyj88662

Postby thetupeloflash » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:37 am

Good question .........
thetupeloflash

Postby livesforrap » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:26 pm

Well, with my jampoints I got max for 174 bucks.

I'm not super confident though :lol: I'm worried about CPU use mainly. I have a hard time believing that something that is "better" will be optimized.

BUT, I'm excited nonetheless. IF it works well to start and sounds great it will be a very interesting week........please be compatible with win10/studio one 5.5.2!
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:59 pm

Bobbyj88662 wrote:Will the iPad OS version also release that date?

Per the news, the iOS version will come after, due to having to submit the app for review and have Apple review and approve it which is a wildcard compared to our own software that we can release as soon as we feel it is ready. It should be too long after though.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thetupeloflash » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:01 pm

Thanks for the reply
thetupeloflash

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:01 pm

livesforrap wrote:Well, with my jampoints I got max for 174 bucks.

I'm not super confident though :lol: I'm worried about CPU use mainly. I have a hard time believing that something that is "better" will be optimized.

BUT, I'm excited nonetheless. IF it works well to start and sounds great it will be a very interesting week........please be compatible with win10/studio one 5.5.2!

Capturing Tone Models is the most intensive process, using the Tone Models in the TONEX Player or in AmpliTube 5 is much less resource-intensive.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby livesforrap » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:16 pm

Peter_IK wrote:

Capturing Tone Models is the most intensive process, using the Tone Models in the TONEX Player or in AmpliTube 5 is much less resource-intensive.

That's all I'm interested in, everything I do is "in the box"

Anywho, we'll see. In for a penny, in for a pound :lol:
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby supanorton » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:45 am

Peter_IK wrote:

From one of the ToneX pages:

*Suggested Computer Requirement:
Mac Big Sur (M1 or newer CPU recommended)
Windows 10 + GPU NVidia
Training time: 5 - 10 min on suggested computers.

Is this only for capturing? I'm several months away from upgrading my MacBook Pro, and there aren't any minimum computer specs for just running the software without capturing. Can we assume that if we can run AT5, we'll be able to run the ToneX player/editor?
supanorton

Postby livesforrap » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:44 pm

Well, I'm absolutely positively completely and TOTALLY not interested in the "capture" part. You can see my specs, it's a pretty b...chin computer and AT "mostly" works really well.

Again, we'll see. Other than the beta testers, we do not know. Hell, I don't even know if I'll truly like the sound :shock: But, I happen to have 170 bucks burning a hole in my wallet so I went for it.

Again, we shall see. Still really excited about it though. There hasn't really been much in this arena lately, it's right up my ally.
livesforrap

Postby Dojafi » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:21 am

Will there be an upgrade path for purchasers of the SE or Tonex versions?
Dojafi

Postby supanorton » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:00 am

livesforrap wrote:Well, I'm absolutely positively completely and TOTALLY not interested in the "capture" part. You can see my specs, it's a pretty b...chin computer and AT "mostly" works really well.

Again, we'll see. Other than the beta testers, we do not know. Hell, I don't even know if I'll truly like the sound :shock: But, I happen to have 170 bucks burning a hole in my wallet so I went for it.

Again, we shall see. Still really excited about it though. There hasn't really been much in this arena lately, it's right up my ally.

7 more days! I'm excited too. I also had a bunch of jam points, some of which were going to expire, so I got for the max version for $174 as well. Just hoping that I can run it inside AT5; I didn't get the latest Mesa Boogie bundle because I read here that the CPU hit made it unusable for some. One way or another, we'll know for sure in 7 days.
supanorton

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements