IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby ttinker » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:52 am

Peter_IK wrote:Luckily the past few hours have been up a bit, at or over the average hourly rate people will need to hit but we have to remember it isn't constant (overnight, etc, even with time zone/global considerations).

So in short - agreed, let's get moving! Need to pick up the pace a bit to make 10K!

I have a feeling it's going to be a nail-biter but it'll probably happen in the final hours. The pace seems to be down again, which makes sense as North America has been asleep for a few hours (I'm in Europe). If we sneak past 9 freebies today, then it may need a few more 2nd buy-ins to make the final push. Let's make it happen!

On a related note, I've been thinking about this a bit. IK has to know that, especially if this ticks over into another month, a large part of their potential market for the existing software range now has the vast majority of what they sell... I know I do, anyway.

So I figure they must have some pretty nifty plans for the next generation of the product line (as well as a sizeable infusion of cash to help get it made). TBH I'm even more excited about that prospect than I am about all the new kit I now have to play with! Onwards and upwards!
ttinker

Postby mistermahler1 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:37 pm

pat.osterday wrote:If I'm understanding correctly and you have the latest Custom Shop installed, did you do the "restore purchases" option? That should activate any T-RackS singles you have purchased in the past for T-RackS 5.

Tanks a lot, will give it a try !!!
mistermahler1

Postby Tom Kearney » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:02 pm

ttinker wrote:
tkearneyone@gmail.com wrote:... I have a pricing question. If a buy the Comprexxor (129) with the 30% off coupon so that the price is then 90.99, do I get to choose, for example, the Stealth Limiter (124.99), or am I limited to < 90.99 products?

Or, if I buy the Stealth Limiter, can I then choose the Comprexxor as one of my free items?...

To confirm, if you buy Comprexxor, then Stealth will be one of your bonus options, regardless of Jam Points. Anything in the promo with a price point equal to or less than the price you pay *BEFORE* Jam Points are applied, will be available.

However if Stealth is €124.99 and Comprexxor is €129.99, then buying the former will not get you the latter. Equal or less, but jam points do not affect anything.

Thanks for the info! I purchased the Comprexxor, and everything is going great!
Tom Kearney

Postby hannes_chu » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:59 pm

Hi guys,

Just bought Sampletron 2 at $199 tier. Freebies list has
Syntronik Crossgrade AND Syntronik Deluxe Upgrade !!!

I assume whatever in the list is available for me to pick? Even though I do not own Syntronik, I can still pick the Syntronik DELUXE upgrade?

Thanks
hannes_chu

Postby mwooten777@me.com » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:08 pm

Basically, if you can select it, you can get it. I had a similar issue and got it, no problems.
mwooten777@me.com

Postby hannes_chu » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:22 pm

mwooten777@me.com wrote:Basically, if you can select it, you can get it. I had a similar issue and got it, no problems.

Thanks for clarifying.

Thank you IK. What a surprise. Wasn't expecting to get the DELUXE. I will probably second dip to get the Electromagnetik and Cinekinetik instruments. $49 to get all 8 (plus some...) :D
hannes_chu

Postby ttinker » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:11 am

ttinker wrote:I have a feeling it's going to be a nail-biter but it'll probably happen in the final hours...

So as far as I can tell, having observed it for a few days, the server updates the numbers every hour, a few minutes before the hour. And it updates the 'days remaining' counter at the same time - it ticks over at a few minutes before 2pm here in Germany (and, by extension, Italy).

That means in a few hours from this post, it will tick over to 1 day left, and at the current rate we will be 800 or 900 shy of the goal for extension. Maybe it will magically transform into an hours-and-minutes countdown, but I kind of suspect not.

However, the GB page says "Reach 10,000 participants by the end of August, and we'll extend the Group Buy through September!" ... but it isn't exactly clear what "the end of August means. Do we have to hit the goal by 2pm-in-Italy when the days-left ticker will (maybe) hit 0? Or is it midnight and if so, midnight where?)

Any specifics available on this? I'm just curious - I need to know when to start biting my nails! ;)
ttinker

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:59 pm

In the past, I think that it has been the end of the day, US (East Coast) time, but don't bank on it. There is absolutely no reason to wait until the last minute (unless, I guess, you get paid on the very last day of the month).

Anyway, it's at 9,221 now :)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ttinker » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:36 pm

DarkStar wrote:In the past, I think that it has been the end of the day, US (East Coast) time, but don't bank on it. There is absolutely no reason to wait until the last minute (unless, I guess, you get paid on the very last day of the month).

Anyway, it's at 9,221 now :)

Oh I'm not waiting, I've happily bought in and am already enjoying several new goodies (the Hammond and Leslie are absolutely glorious, as are SampleTron2 and SSSR)... An embarrassment of riches, really!

I will admit I'm still on the fence about a second buy-in, as my play money is exhausted for the month so I will only do it if I feel like it's *not* going to tick over and there are still things I want badly enough to justify it. Let's see what today brings!
ttinker

Postby loboracer » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:41 pm

So I just made my purchase. Question is do I have to pick all of my freebie software this month or can I wait until September? I haven't decided what free stuff I want yet. Reason it.. it shows the free stuff expires 8/31/2021. Anyone?
loboracer

Postby pat.osterday » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:50 pm

loboracer wrote:So I just made my purchase. Question is do I have to pick all of my freebie software this month or can I wait until September? I haven't decided what free stuff I want yet. Reason it.. it shows the free stuff expires 8/31/2021. Anyone?

That's the date of the promotion. You have 30 days from the end of the promotion to pick from my understanding.

"Please note that you can claim your free products from your IK User Area for a period of 30 days after the closing date of the promotion. Claims for promotional products cannot be made after 30 days after the closing date of the promotion. So please remember to claim your free products as soon as you can!"
pat.osterday

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:09 pm

ttinker wrote:
ttinker wrote:I have a feeling it's going to be a nail-biter but it'll probably happen in the final hours...

So as far as I can tell, having observed it for a few days, the server updates the numbers every hour, a few minutes before the hour. And it updates the 'days remaining' counter at the same time - it ticks over at a few minutes before 2pm here in Germany (and, by extension, Italy).

That means in a few hours from this post, it will tick over to 1 day left, and at the current rate we will be 800 or 900 shy of the goal for extension. Maybe it will magically transform into an hours-and-minutes countdown, but I kind of suspect not.

However, the GB page says "Reach 10,000 participants by the end of August, and we'll extend the Group Buy through September!" ... but it isn't exactly clear what "the end of August means. Do we have to hit the goal by 2pm-in-Italy when the days-left ticker will (maybe) hit 0? Or is it midnight and if so, midnight where?)

Any specifics available on this? I'm just curious - I need to know when to start biting my nails! ;)

EST. We'll likely make it either way if you all keep up the good work. What a whirlwind weekend!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dave_clark » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:38 pm

For anyone else who may have ordered a physical product during this promotion and is concerned about the promotion expiring before they receive the physical product and serial number for registration, I received the following from IK Multimedia:

"The ARC 3 serial number will arrive with the microphone. Even if it arrives past the group buy promo date you will still be able to participate as this is dependant on the purchase date not the register date."

I'm really relieved to hear this because the only reason I went ahead with ARC 3 was that even if I found it not to be useful for my case, surely something would be of use in the 10 or more products I should receive.
dave_clark

Postby huli50 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:45 pm

Pretty genius, in my opinion. Gotta give IK marketing/promotions their props. The 10k-by-end-of-August promo instills the urgency of a ticking clock without actually ending the promotion at 10k. Folks that were slow-playing their buy-in are now pulling the trigger and folks that were on the fence about a second buy-in are doing so now. My only regret, if this does continue through September, is that I didn't opt-in at a higher price point. :D
huli50

Postby dave_clark » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:08 pm

My own personal hesitation to go for the second round was due to:

1) Waiting on a reply to a technical question about ARC 3; the person has been extremely busy, so I understand why there was no reply. I hope to use ARC 3 for uses beyond those intended.

2) Reports of promotional items disappearing for the first round before they were used for additional products.

So there could be any number of reasons why people hesitate, then buy in. I myself allowed 5 days buffer but didn't anticipate a problem with ordering a physical product.

It's not all panic buying due to a clock ticking.
dave_clark

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements